God's Protection
On Thursday afternoon I was riding my motorcycle on the way to the airport when a dog jumped out of the ditch and across the road right in front of me. There was nothing I could do to avoid it. I crashed the motorcycle and ended up where the dog came from: the ditch.
I was able to limp over to my cousin’s place who lives close by (he is an orthopedic surgeon). He checked for broken bones and took care of my wounds. Considering the impact and my speed it is a miracle that I walked away from it with only minor injuries.
We don’t know how many of you have been praying for our protection since we’ve been here, but your prayers have definitely been answered: God kept me "Under His Wing"! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Some pet lovers might ask: “and what about the dog?” Well it didn’t stay around to see if I was alright. But I’m afraid that the poor animal wasn’t in great shape either. It might actually end up in one of those “restaurants” along the street that serve dog meat, a sought-after delicacy for some Lao. May be I should give it a try.....


5 Comments:
So glad you are o.k. Sam....Hope you're feeling o.k....and not sore for too long.
heather
Hi Sam:
We are so sorry to hear of your accident, but are very thankful u are okay. I'm sure that u will be very sore for awhile though. Your guardian angels were watching over u thankfully. We will continue to keep the 4 of u in our prayers!
Who cares about the dog. What about the bike?
Glad you weren't hurt nor hit a human. We had a elders and board retreat today and prayed for you folks. Mary Lou Lorentzen
Dito on the condition of the bike; still rideable?
Post a Comment
<< Home