First Impressions
We could go on and on. Our senses seem to be in constant overload. Add to this a broken washing machine, a phone line that doesn’t work (still doesn’t) and a house-help that changed her mind at the last minute. To say that we’ve been a bit overwhelmed would be an understatement.
To top it all off, when I inquired about language training last Monday I was told that we could start either Monday afternoon or wait until October 3rd. That gave us about 3 hours to make a decision and find a baby sitter for Jean!
Fortunately we had friends who helped us with meals, find our way around town and get daily life organized. We are also thankful for an uneventful journey: Jean was a real little trooper. He seems to enjoy his new environment, appreciate the local food and doesn’t mind the heat and people talking to him in a strange language.
For now we are mainly focusing on language study, but I already had a meeting with the aviation authority and am hoping to have another one tomorrow. Thanks for your continued prayers for patience and wisdom.
By the way Cecile was screaming at 6:00 am because of a 2 ½” cockroach that somehow found its way under the bed sheets and was tickling her feet!!


6 Comments:
Cecile,
We lived two years in Dallas, TX and I can definitely relate to your roach experience.
I found not rinsing the electric kettle before boiling it provided extra protein that was not appreaciated!
Blessings,
Helga
Welcome to Asia, Herrmanns! Wow, I did not realize you were in Laos already. I suppose September has just crept up on me.
I read your story and just completely commiserated. I also laughed because I know the countless number of people who can relate also. Hope you will find the support you need to help you transition during this wonderfully hectic time.
God bless,
Jannie
Thanks for the laugh, guys! Love the update and will keep you before God in our prayers. Hope you don't get to many more uninvited guests and that you stay healthy
Leaves are yellow and falling; so's the temperature . . . snow in the mountains . . . season is changing! Miss you all but know you're all in the right place - Give it all ya got!
Scott
Has the landlady fixed the washer yet? Larry repaired it once by simply lifting the inner drum back onto its track. Fun memories. Keep the stories and pics posted!! Please great CATC friends for us.
Opps,by "great" I meant greet. Sabaidee!!
Hi guys...it's makiko here. miss you guys like crazy! thanks for the update. I laughed so hard when I read about the roaches because I can almost hear it....i'm sure it wasn't funny at the time though. Praying for you and thinking of you as you make this transition. Praise God for the restoration of Sam's nerves...I cried when I saw the picture. you taught us so much about trusting God and letting go. God has blessed you for your leap of faith and gave back all that you were willing to give him...miss you....love you....big hugs and kisses all around. Makiko
Post a Comment
<< Home