Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Day to Remember!

Last Monday it had been exactly 316 days since my last flight. Just before 9:00 I was sitting in the cockpit of one of the MAF’s training aircrafts. With my helmet in my lap and my head bowed I was listening to my instructor thank God for giving me back my wings. Shortly thereafter I started to go through the checklists: Master....On / Prop...Fine / Mixture...Full Rich / Fuel Pump...On / Ignition...Start. The engine of the Cessna 206 Turbo came to life with a loud roar. A few minutes later we were in the air! What a joy!

But as we rejoice and praise God for His goodness we think of you: for the past 10 months you have shared our hopes and fears, you have prayed for us and cried with us, you have encouraged us in so many ways. And now we wish you could all be here to celebrate God’s faithfulness and grace with us!

The training I went through during this past week was very intense and challenging. I’ll have 2 more weeks of advanced training here at the MAF-US headquarter before leaving for South East Asia on the 5th of September.

Next week Jean will tell you what he has been up to with his Mom!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers!

5 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great Sam!!!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger barnesofheather said...

Hallelujah! I rejoice with you! May His presence continue to be evident each step of your way.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger dt said...

Great News Sam!
We thank God for the prayers He has answered. We know He is going to use you and Cecile greatly in His service.
Love you guys!

Doreen and Gary

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Praise God Sam! I deleated my last message because my spelling was terrible. But back to your news, it is great to hear of yet another friend in mission aviation that God is directing and protecting. May God continue to bless you to be a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home