Monday, February 05, 2007

Home again...

I was dismissed from the hospital Wednesday evening and am very thankful to be home with Cecile and Jean.

As I write these lines Cecile went to the airport to pick up her Mom who offered to come and help us for a few weeks. What a relief!

I’ve been wondering what else I could tell you at this point as we are still dealing with loss, sadness and fatigue.

There is however one thing I wanted to share with you. The most difficult part of staying at the hospital was the long sleepless nights. While I was lying there, pumped full of drugs, weak, tired but unable to fall asleep, doubt started to sift through the crack of my numbed mind. To fight it off I went through every single verse, hymn and prayer I knew and cried out to God. All I needed was to feel God’s presence, to hear Him say something, anything. But there was only silence.

In the morning Cecile told me about all the e-mails we had received. One in particular read: "The Lord woke [us] both up at 3:30 this morning with you on our hearts. We don't know what the issues were, maybe you don't even know, but God in his great love and mercy had us and who knows how many countless others, praying for you.” I broke up in tears.

Yes, God was silent, but He was not still!

As we are trying to adjust to this new situation we need your prayers more than ever. From a human perspective we pray for healing and a miracle. But more importantly we pray that, whatever the circumstances, God would be glorified.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home