The last flight?

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord" Job 1:21
Today I took Cecile up for one last flight. A flight marked by celebration, thanksgiving and grieving. As we flew up the Red Deer river canyon with tears in our eyes I was reminded of the sacrifice God had asked from Abraham (see Gen 22).
15 years ago God had given me "the gift of wings". A gift I wanted to use to serve Him. Today I'm giving it back to him with a thankful heart. Whether or not I will ever fly again is now in His hands.
Was it worth it? Was it worth working for 7 years to pay for my training? Was it worth leaving our families, our carreers? Was it worth all the sacrifices?
YES! Even if this should be my last flight ever, it was worth it all!
End of October we'll have a meeting with the surgical team that will remove the tumor to discuss different options and hopefully set a date for the surgery.
Thank you so much for your e-mails, your phone calls, your words of encouragement and your prayers. More than ever we feel that we are part of a great family, God's family. Thank you!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home