Friday, February 05, 2010

Meeting Update

It was the first time I attended an official meeting here so everything was a bit strange and new. The chairman started by greeting each and every participant and there was a lot of nodding and applause. Most of it – well, all of it actually except for some companies names – was lost on me. I just joined in the applauding at the appropriate time.

Then it was my turn. I knew that some of the participants weren’t fluent in English and tried to speak as slowly and clearly as possible. After about 25 minutes I was done and it was time for a coffee break. During the break I had some positive feedback from several people who recognized the need for flight training and saw or proposal as a real opportunity. After the break we had some question time and I was encouraged by the interest shown by some of the participants and the pertinence of their questions.

At the end of the meeting I was told that the proposal would be submitted to the DCA for approval. If the DCA approves it, it will then be submitted to the ministry of transport and once it’s approved by the ministry of transport we’ll have to prepare a detailed contract of the agreement between us and the DCA.
We still have a long road ahead of us. But this first meeting was definitely very encouraging. Thank you to all of you who prayed for today’s meeting, to those who have sent a note, a verse or a word of encouragement. You are the wind beneath our wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home